Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 1 in New York

We awoke from a nightmare and were very hungry. We got vouchers from the airline for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We could use them at the airport which is 30 miles away or even at the hotel restaurant. Dressed and freshly showered we set out for a great breakfast at the restaurant. Hmmmmmm sign on the restaurant door CLOSED SUNDAY & MONDAY. Seriously you could not even make this up. I must of pissed off a Buda in another life. We then took a bus into New York City and went to 42nd & Broadway. I always wanted to see Times Square and today was the day. I will tell you that it is crazy! The street vendors, weirdos, pierced people, nut jobs, and everyone else, it was fun. We decided to try and see a Broadway play. We walked outside of the theater where Young Frankenstein was playing and we were there at the right time. It was of course silly expensive money and was not going to pay that for a day I planned to be helping in Africa. Then a woman came up to me and said if you were looking for tickets I have 2 extra tickets as my friends could not make it. I asked her how much and she said $40. SOLD. Our luck was turning. We saw the musical and it was great! After that we bussed it back to our hotel which was just blocks from Shea Stadium. We went to the game and paid $8 for tickets and went to a game a t Shea Stadium between the Mets and Dodgers. This is Shea Stadiums last year before they tear it down so it was kind of cool that we got to be at a game there. This was fun good day.

Tomorrow is another day and another flight. Will we make it? Will it be on time? What will my new suitcase look like? Will my other bag be found or is it on vacation somewhere else? I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

lucybell said...

Not even to Africa and you have quite the stories to share.... sounds like New York is your good luck charm to turn things around, who'da thought. Just think if your son had gone without you, he would have had to endure all this on his own....fate maybe?

BRYAN said...

all day in "the city?" i should have came down to see ya! im about 150 miles north in albany .. did u hit any deli's ? mmmm pastrami... please dont ask 4 mayo!! take care Bryan

Maureen said...

Glad to see your keeping that "positive attitude" about which we often talk. Hang in there. I know you're in London now. Call me from there before you jet off. I'm at work. Love.
M